This Week in Math:
- We will be starting Unit 3 in math this week.
- In unit 3 we are focusing on skip counting, part-whole situations, iconic models, symbolic models, and comparison situations.
- Last week we started working on skip counting, we will wrap up skip counting on Monday. Skip counting is an incredibly important skill for students to have and we practice this daily during our Math Calendar time! This skill is also essential as the students have to be able to skip count by various amount to one thousand by the end of second grade! *This is something that can easily be practiced at home as well!*
- After we finish skip counting we will start on part-whole situations. Part-whole situations, looks at two varying amounts against a whole. For example, the total amount of students in second grade and comparing how many are girls and how many are boys.
- *Please note that as we are getting further in our units in math the amounts are going to become larger and the students are going to start working with amounts in the upper hundred to prepare them for third grade!*
- This week we are continuing to work on Unit 2 in math! We are going to be finishing up lesson 1 and starting lesson 2. We are going to be working on estimating length and accurrately measuring length using centimeters.
- This week we will be starting Unit 2 in math! Unit 2 covers Linear Measurement!
- This week we are finishing Unit 1 in math. We will be taking our Unit 1 exam this week!